Saturday, February 14, 2009

Vancouver

We arrived yesterday! We drove on Thursday to Hope and then worked our way into Vancouver yesterday. Hit a few quilt shops on the way and today we go downtown to check out the fashion fabric stores....then on the Granville Island and the market!

Jerry has already been out twice this morning with the dogs and taken them for walks. He is enjoying the relaxed timed. I don't think I have wound down yet. Still too wired from working long hours. I am having trouble with the twilight time of the day. Haven't been out in the late afternoon or early evenings in months as I have been teaching most afternoons and evenings.

Kasey is Kasey. Her apartment is very cute. I have brought her a sewing machine and I am sure she'll be sewing some stuff for her apartment soon. She has a baby quilt planned for a friend. We'll see if we can get some rotary cutting tools today and some fabric for her. She'll be sewing up a storm in no time.

We went to Stella's Tapas Bar last night for supper and ate the best creme brule I have ever had!!!! Never again will I think of that jelly blob that most think of as creme brule. I did take a picture, but it was of the empty bowl!!! We also had a couple of other tapas......mussels, brie, wontons and hummus!!!! Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment