Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beginner Quilting

Another class last night. I taught the 2nd lesson in my beginner quilt class (Quilter's Primer). I had opportunity to do a bit of my own sewing. The ladies are really motivated and don't chat much. We were doing half square triangles (HST). Usually I demonstrate on sample fabrics and this time I decided to demonstrate on a project that I am working on. So, in addition to the students getting all their blocks done, I got some work done too.



I am trying to get a few blocks ahead of my class for Friday night. We are doing a "Stash Buster Event". I have a number of students coming in for a planned scrap quilt class. What I mean is that we are using selected fabric choices from our stash. This is a monthly event....this month we'll be doing "Winter Ice" using dark blue and white fabrics. The block is a variation of a Buzz Saw or Delectable Mountains block. Next month the quilt is called "Chocolate Delight". Think of a box of chocolates with cream centers. So, lots of dark and medium browns, and burgundies and creams, light browns and pinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment